Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7
Simul CloudWright: a technology for creating stunningly realistic sky images for games and media. CloudWright uses the physics of light to create high-dynamic range, 360-degree panoramic skies. Save as cubemaps, sky gradients or individual images. CloudWright is free to try, if you buy a license you can export images, and there are no license restrictions on exported images.
Download now: CloudWrightSetup-1.8.0.exe
view version history
You may need the latest DirectX – get it here.
sign up here for updates on CloudWright!
- physically correct time-of-day sky coloring
- 3D volumetric clouds
- anisotropic haze and fog
- cumulus, stratus and cumulonimbus cloud coverage
- interactive rendering
- cloud rendering to .hdr images, .jpeg, transparent .tga and .dds cubemaps
- combined or separate sky gradient rendering to .jpeg, .hdr and .tga
- real time interactive previews
- XML and binary files compatible with the Simul Weather SDK
The CloudWright for XSI plug-in is now in open alpha. Versions for other rendering packages will be available soon.
CloudWright makes realistic sky images and cubemaps. Want live, moving volumetric clouds and weather effects in your game or simulation? You need the Simul Weather SDK! CloudWright is made possible by two first-rate software systems – OGRE 3D and wxWidgets. wxWidgets